Summary of Position
Reporting to the Finance Director, the Accounts Executive position will include a variety of tasks across various income streams and business units, as well as covering various aspects of the finances across the organisation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supplier invoice/credit note processing
- Handling supplier queries
- Transaction validation using system reports
- Supplier statement checking and reconciliation
- BACS payments processing – weekly, month end and ad hoc
- Processing Sales/Purchase Ledger Contra’s
- Mentoring and Training when applicable
- Carry out periodic reconciliations for both ledgers
- Processing Direct Debit collections and rejections
- Processing and posting refunds to sales ledger and purchase ledger accounts
- Maintaining and reconciling Cash Books
- Cash Book period end processing
- Processing Cheques and Bacs received from Customers
- Processing Weekly Expenses
- Credit Control collection of outstanding balances with an emphasis on direct communications by telephone
- Ensuring disputes, queries and unallocated amounts are cleared for both ledgers
- Generation and utilisation of Experian and aged debt reports for Credit Control and for the maintenance of the Sales Ledger
- Producing customer statements and carrying out Sales ledger reconciliations
- Providing assistance with customer litigations
Additional Skills and Knowledge
- Previous experience of Purchase Ledger and Sales Ledgers is essential
- A detailed knowledge of ledger reconciliations, cashbooks, general bookkeeping skills
- Ability to mentor apprenticeship role
- AAT Level 3+ desirable
- Ability to use multifunctional software packages
- Computer literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Numerate with an excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to establish and maintain good stakeholder relationships, both internally and externally at all levels.
- Ability to demonstrate a methodical, organised, and flexible approach to work.
- Effective listening, verbal, and written communication skills.
- A calm, confident manner
- Proactive approach with the ability to think outside the box
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Commercial awareness
- Competitive Salary
- Free Parking
The details contained in this Job Description reflect the content of the job at the date it was prepared. It should be remembered, however, that it is inevitable that over time, the nature of individual jobs will change, existing duties may no longer be required and other duties may be gained without changing the general nature of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. Consequently, Principal I Ltd will expect to revise this Job Description from time to time and will consult with the post holder at the appropriate time.