Duties and Responsibilities
- Building and maintaining close links with all customers, to ensure smooth running of accounts and encourage timely recovery of payments.
- Contacting customers when payment is overdue, asking them to settle their account and explaining the terms of their credit.
- Effectively dealing with customer account queries/complaints, including liaising with other departments, to ensure they are brought to a satisfactory conclusion. To ensure all customer queries are logged and recorded on the Credit Control system.
- Managing the Credit Control inbox
- Negotiating, getting approval and setting up re-payment plans.
- Checking customer’s credit ratings using a specialised database, including setting up and monitoring of new sales ledger accounts.
- Following the company’s default process and sending cases to the company’s appointed solicitors.
- Logging judgements with the small claims court.
- Monthly reports (disputed transactions, unallocated cash and aged debtors)
- Setting up Direct Debits
- Liaising with the admin team to resolve any issues relating to the Direct Debit queries before next Direct Debit is due to be collected.
- Sales Order Creation
- Setting up and administering contracts
- Prior experience of Credit Control is essential.
- Computer literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office package.
- Number skills and the ability to explain financial matters clearly.
- Ability to establish and maintain good client relationships, both internally and externally at all levels.
- Ability to reconcile complex accounts and have excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to demonstrate a methodical, organised and flexible approach to work.
- Effective listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive approach
The details contained in this Job Description reflect the content of the job at the date it was prepared. It should be remembered, however, that it is inevitable that over time, the nature of individual jobs will change, existing duties may no longer be required and other duties may be gained without changing the general nature of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. Consequently, Principal I Ltd will expect to revise this Job Description from time to time and will consult with the post holder at the appropriate time.