Summary of Position
This is a key role responsible for all aspects SQL databases within the business. The SQL systems provides critical functions to the business and is vital to the day to day operation.
Targets & Outcomes
- Automation of processes
- Ownership of CRM/PSA system
- Accurate reporting on financial data
- Maintain resiliances and stability of SQL platforms
- Attitude and Persistence
- A “can do” attitude, the ability to pick up and take responsibility where needed
- The ability to proactively head off issues before they impact the business
- Understanding of company procedures and the effect on all areas of the business
- A commitment to learn and understand all relevant software systems for the role
- Relentless addressing of any failures
- Proactive approach to all aspects of the role
- Key personal attributes; optimism, diligence, inquisitiveness, common sense, loyalty,dependability, good manners, sense of humour, and the ability to teach others
- Daily monitoring of health on all SQL servers
- Ensuring full backups are taken on SQL servers
- Developing SQL reports for the business as required
- Maintain existing SQL reports
- Build and maintain SQL views and stored procedures as required
- Timely production of sales staff pay plan reports
- Ensure numerical accuracy on all reports
- Assist in general user IT queries
- Maintain and develop the CRM/PSA system
- Develop and maintain required integrations to CRM system
- Become product specialist on the CRM system
- Maintain and develop Target Monitor application
- Maintain and develop integrations to business web based applications
- Maintain and develop Sales Database application and ensure month end process on the application is performed
- Utilise the ticketing systems to provide details around any incidents/requests
- Document all SQL systems and processes
Previous experience in SQL DBA role.
- Must be numerate and comfortable with complex calculations.
- Powershell scripting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Be able to work pro-actively and with a sense of urgency while paying good attention to detail.
- The ability to work independently and take initiative. You should be energetic and self-motivated.
- High prioritisation and organisational skills with an ability to juggle multiple workloads.
- Exceptional communication skills. You will actively listen and convey expectations, plans and outcomes effectively to internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Excellent attention to detail and validation of outcomes to produce high quality work.
- Ability to examine existing systems and recommend and then implement changes to produce business efficiencies
- Ability to respond to change in a positive and proactive way.
- Competitive Salary
- Free Parking
The details contained in this Job Description reflect the content of the job at the date it was prepared. It should be remembered, however, that it is inevitable that over time, the nature of individual jobs will change, existing duties may no longer be required, and other duties may be gained without changing the general nature of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. Consequently, Principal I Ltd will expect to revise this Job Description from time to time and will consult with the post holder at the appropriate time.