As a business we are very innovative in our approach to the market and there is an ongoing need for enhancements, changes and new developments of our bespoke Line of Business systems.
It is a superb opportunity for someone who wishes to develop and expand their skillset in software development.
The primary purpose of the role is to support and develop our existing bespoke Line of Business systems, currently predominantly php and VB based technologies and to develop, with the assistance of third parties as necessary, new applications to support the needs and activities of the business.
Secondary to this role the successful candidate will be working as part of a small team and will be involved in the wider aspects of the company’s IT infrastructure and technologies.
- Maintain and develop existing application programs written in a combination of php, Visual Basic and general website coding.
- Develop and maintain new application programs in an appropriate platform to support the business needs.
- Maintain the MySQL databases that provide the database structure for the websites.
- Document existing applications and adhere to change control processes.
- Maintain and develop integrations between existing applications.
- Develop and document Business Requirement Specifications and Technical Briefing documents for Stakeholder acceptance and issuing to third party developer, as necessary.
- Liaise with third party integration companies to ensure outsourced projects will be delivered in a timely manner and that they will function with the other systems already in place.
- Create End User documentation and carry out End User training on LoB applications and developments.
- Provide support and assistance to the IT team as required.
- Undertake all tasks and projects in line with agreed time frames and deadlines and be responsible and accountable for all assigned tasks and projects.
Experience and understanding of Azure Active Directory and Office 365 integrations would be desirable.
If you think you’d like to further your career in a progressive organisation that likes to invest in its employees and offers training for the right person, then please do tell us more about yourself!