Summary of the position
- Driving the service delivery team forward, focussing on Service Desk and associated functions, the Managed Services Supervisor role is instrumental to the success of the Service Delivery Department (SDD).
- Developing and maturing departmental processes to ensure free flowing escalation and information within the organisation.
- Ensuring the teams are engaged in the successful implementation, service request and proactive management processes.
- Monitoring departmental effectiveness to identify opportunities for improving service operations to drive cost and promote efficiencies
- Provision of guidance and support to projects and change initiatives to enable effective implementation.
- Heavy involvement in resource planning, documentation reviews and skill matrix reviews, including defining training requirements.
Targets and outcomes:
- A fully reconciled, reportable, effective and efficient SDD
- Exceptional customer satisfaction and sign off for all support requests
- Agreed and documented processes for all Service Desk functions
- Complete adherence to agreed service delivery SLA’s
Attitude and Persistence
- A willingness to take ownership of complex support requirements and provide innovative solutions
- A relentless desire to drive improvement and strive for excellence
- Sensitivity to commercial pressures
- Collaborative, with a strong focus on relationship building both across the business and externally
- Calm and methodical in the pursuit of holistic solutions
- Manage the support and maintenance of all defined implementation & support services following agreed quality standards and best practices
- Monitoring and challenging the effectiveness of the Service Desk and associated functions
- Ensuring the team can identify, schedule and perform ProACTive™ checks and monitoring of supported services to agreed standards and procedures Accountable for the successful resolution of all support requirements to agreed client and company standards and procedures
- Maintain the SDD operational procedures & documentation and log within the Managed Document Register
- An ability to inspire a team of multi skilled staff to achieve outstanding results
- An understanding of the commercial pressures on the business
- The ability to lead by example in both modelling excellence and driving forward through adversity
- Experience of full Microsoft Office suite
- Good data management and analytical skills, problem solving and reporting
- High level of articulacy
The details contained in this Job Description reflect the content of the job at the date it was prepared. It should be remembered, however, that it is inevitable that over time, the nature of individual jobs will change, existing duties may no longer be required and other duties may be gained without changing the general nature of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. Consequently, Principal I Ltd will expect to revise this Job Description from time to time and will consult with the post holder at the appropriate time.