Summary of Position
A client-facing role. Supports Principal’s business winning function by providing pre-sales consultancy, advice and specification to the Sales force and clients relating to Principal’s software and hardware solutions portfolios.
Targets & Outcomes
- Increase Software, IT and Services sales through collaboration with the Sales Department
- Improve Software knowledge in the Sales Teams
Attitude and Persistence
- A positive bright and cheerful personality with a mature attitude to work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Confidence in dealing with external and internal customers at all levels.
- Organised, with solid attention to detail and a strong ability to prioritise key objectives during the busy working day.
- Has an enquiring mind, questions and challenges established methods, always seeks to streamline and simplify, seeks to add value at every opportunity
- A pro-active “can do” approach, keen to take ownership of projects and issues and follow through to full conclusion.
- Ability to use initiative and work without direct supervision, but also a team player that recognises and encourages the contribution of others and can share workload when required.
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet business requirements, particularly during busy periods when overtime may be required.
- Maintain and provide advanced and up-to-date knowledge, market awareness and advice relating to Principal’s and competitors’ software solutions portfolios, including trends, changes and new products.
- Provide professional advice and support towards winning new business; to include bids, proposals, contract negotiations and presentations.
- Proactively support the Sales force during pre-sales negotiations; through client-facing visits, high-quality presentations and demonstrations including ‘proof-of-concept’.
- In support of the Sales force, identify the client’s business, functional and non-functional needs and requirements.
- Identify and interpret the client’s technical infrastructure and operating environment.
- Support the design of an appropriate client solution based on: knowledge of the client’s IT protocols, networks, operating systems and environments; the client’s identified needs and requirements; and, Principal’s objectives and product portfolios.
- On behalf of the Sales force, obtain and provide pricing for specified software solutions, including completion of all relevant paperwork in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide product knowledge training to the Sales force relating to Principal’s software solutions products, including its applicability to Principal’s hardware portfolio.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with Sales teams to achieve business and sales objectives.
- Use appropriate tools to maintain up-to-date records of existing and prospective clients.
- Liaise with Implementation Managers, Service, and other Principal business functions to help plan and provide professional implementation activities.
- Where required, support the organising, marketing and manning of exhibitions.
- Complete all appropriate technical and commercial documentation, in accordance with company standards and technical requirements.
- Ensure ‘seamless’ handover to project implementation teams, including technical staff.
- Where required, implement or support the implementation of the agreed solution.
- Correctly interpret and apply the principles and standards of the company’s Quality Management System.
- Comply at all times with company policies, procedures, processes and guidance.
- Undertake appropriate personal and professional development. Which may also include obtaining relevant qualifications where required.
- Demonstrate awareness of the company strategy, direction and priorities.
- Bring to the attention of the Head of Professional Services any solutions that may be of interest to Principal.
- Complete all paperwork and internal tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
- Undertake any other reasonable duty as requested by the Line Manager.
- Experience in a customer facing role.
- Experience of designing complex solutions.
- Ideally prior experience in an IT environment
- Windows Server technologies 2008/2008R2/2012/2012R2/2016
- Windows OS Win 7/8/10 Experience with DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, LDAP, Active Directory, Exchange, Office 365 and SQL
The details contained in this Job Description reflect the content of the job at the date it was prepared. It should be remembered, however, that it is inevitable that over time, the nature of individual jobs will change, existing duties may no longer be required and other duties may be gained without changing the general nature of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. Consequently, Principal I Ltd will expect to revise this Job Description from time to time and will consult with the post holder at the appropriate time.