The role is a hybrid between a traditional copier engineer and a Professional Services Engineer where you will be required to not only support hardware but also be responsible for supporting the print and scan solutions installed on the devices.
Targets & Outcomes
- Single point of resolution for all faults (Hardware and Software).
- Hardware and Software specialist (Industry leading).
- Meet all target Response times and KPI’s.
- Increase service profitability through efficient stock and call management.
Attitude and Persistence
- A positive bright and cheerful personality with a mature attitude to work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Confidence in dealing with external and internal customers at all levels.
- Organised, with solid attention to detail and a strong ability to prioritise key objectives during the busy working day.
- Has an enquiring mind, questions and challenges established methods, always seeks to streamline and simplify, seeks to add value at every opportunity.
- A pro-active “can do” approach, keen to take ownership of projects and issues and follow through to full conclusion.
- Ability to use initiative and work without direct supervision, but also a team player that recognises and encourages the contribution of others and can share workload when required.
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet business requirements, particularly during busy periods when overtime may be required.
- Be conversant with the Company Service Call Control systems and in particular the escalation procedure.
- Carry out Minimum Call Procedure on every Service Call as per the issued guide lines.
- Communicate with the Helpdesk ProActive coordinator if you are not able to complete the call within one and half hours of arrival at site or if you have been asked to look at another machine or issue.
- Complete service calls via Link-in connection with all correct details. Including part numbers for return to fit bookings. And correct meter readings.
- Return all parts for warranty; Kyocera, Canon etc. or where asked for, Konica Minolta; back to the Head Office SDD. Along with the warranty sheet, samples and list prints.
- Maintain tool kit to a sufficient level enabling Standards to be upheld. Including issued technology e.g. tablets and phones.
- Arrive at first Service Call by 09.00 (unless otherwise agreed by the Field Service Manager/Helpdesk Manager).
- Accept last Service Call to 16.30 (unless it is agreed by the Field Service Manager/Helpdesk Manager that the Service Call cannot reasonably be completed that day).
- Respond within specific Response Time constraint.
- Call before going to clients, to ascertain whether you can clear the call over the phone or advise them you are on route.
- Observe correct Static Electricity prevention precautions when transporting, storing and handling static sensitive printed circuit boards.
- Understand in full all the relevant tools that we use for meter readings and maintenance support. Including PPA, CSRC and e-maintenance.
- Observe relevant Health and Safety Law, risk assessments as per issued guides.
- Ensure that your attendance is recorded at reception when visiting customer premises, that you observe the correct standard of dress as laid down in the company guide and maintain appearance to an acceptable level whilst employed on Company business.
- Complete any relevant training, whether machine, solution or IT as set out by the Field Service Manager, within the set time frame agreed. And then to maintain that knowledge to the best of your abilities. This will also form part of your progression within the SDD and career path.
- Be ProActive at all times, make sure there isn’t anything else you can do before leaving site.
- Maintain and use all relevant online support tools and sites to enable you to fix any issue.
- Any other suitable activity as designated by the ProActive Service Delivery department. Including Installations, helpdesk support, workshop support (PDI).
- Understand and maintain what Principal’s portfolio of products and services are. Pass on any relative leads to sales via the correct procedure.
- Provide initial support on any software product loaded on a device within the Principal. Portfolio and pass to Software Consultants if escalation of faults are needed.
- Hardware trained on Kyocera/Canon/Konica Minolta.
- Knowledge and understanding of Microsoft networks.
- Experience with DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, LDAP, Active Directory.
- Understanding of Print Management and Document Management software products.
- Konica Minolta and Canon accreditations must have been achieved to professional level and intermediate respectively.
- MCP/COMPTIA certification.
- Equitrac/Papercut/PCounter experience.
- Training on HP/Samsung Equipment would be of benefit.
The details contained in this Job Description reflect the content of the job at the date it was prepared. It should be remembered, however, that it is inevitable that over time, the nature of individual jobs will change, existing duties may no longer be required and other duties may be gained without changing the general nature of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. Consequently, Principal I Ltd will expect to revise this Job Description from time to time and will consult with the post holder at the appropriate time.