Targets & Outcomes
The role will work to departmental goals and targets including cost savings generated through the proactive involvement of the department and because of new department lead efficiencies and process changes.
- Lead purchasing projects to select the best suppliers and deliver optimized value
- Manage the supply chain mechanism to SLA’s, Business Unit stakeholders & experts’ requirements
- Manage the relations with the suppliers to C Level (contract, implementation, performance and innovation)
- Build the tools, process and indicators to value the actual savings & other benefits delivered
- Manage supplier rebate programmes to ensure that the Company derives optimum benefit and returns
- Perform risk management for supply contracts and ensure that robust contingencies are in place for critical items (alternate suppliers/items, risk mitigation plans etc)
- Perform cost and scenario analysis and benchmarking
- Ensure accurate reporting of Procurement key performance measures (operational metrics, savings, quality, customer service etc.)
- Involvement with the negotiating and drafting of contracts, whilst managing a large and varied workload and engaging with senior stakeholders
- Experience and expertise in Purchasing IS&T services contracts and supplies
- Experience in negotiating supplier contracts
- Knowledge of procurement principles, theories and processes
- Project management skills with a proven ability to drive cross functional project teams in a matrix organisation
- Ability to work on complex procurement problems and provide innovative solutions
- Very good verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Tactical capabilities and commercial vision
- Good financial data management
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- CIPS qualification highly desirable
The details contained in this Job Description reflect the content of the job at the date it was prepared. It should be remembered, however, that it is inevitable that over time, the nature of individual jobs will change, existing duties may no longer be required and other duties may be gained without changing the general nature of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. Consequently, Principal I Ltd will expect to revise this Job Description from time to time and will consult with the post holder at the appropriate time.
Fiscal targets will also be the subject to strategic reviews and as such maybe revised with the consultation of the post holder.