This is a key, hands on role responsible for all aspects of the strategic development of the supply chain management and providing an operational input to develop an effective and efficient procurement platform.
The role will be party to a departmental annual target of £50,000 tangible and £50,000 intangible cost savings generated through the proactive involvement of the department and because of new department lead efficiencies and process changes.
• Define the purchasing strategy based on corporate strategy, suppliers’ market and business needs
• Lead purchasing projects to select the best suppliers and deliver optimized value
• Manage the sell through network od contracts against SLA’s and to Business Unit stakeholders & experts’ requirements
• Manage the relations with the suppliers at C Level (contract, implementation, performance and innovation)
• Build the tools, process and indicators to value the actual savings & other benefits delivered
• Manage supplier rebate programmes to ensure that the Company derives optimum benefit and returns
• Perform risk management for supply contracts and ensure that robust contingencies are in place for critical items (alternate suppliers/items, risk mitigation plans etc)
• Perform cost and scenario analysis and benchmarking
• Ensure accurate reporting of Procurement key performance measures (operational metrics, savings, quality, customer service etc.)
• Advise, review, negotiate and draft legal documents, whilst managing a large and varied workload and engaging with senior stakeholders
• Significant experience and expertise in Purchasing IS&T services contracts and supplies including successful design and implementation of strategies
• Experience in negotiating and managing Software, Unified Comms and Data Centre contracts
• Knowledge of procurement principles, theories and processes
• Effective leadership, technology expertise and project management skills with a proven ability to drive cross functional project teams in a matrix organisation
• Ability to work on complex procurement problems and provide innovative solutions
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Very good sales, verbal and written communication and presentation skills
• Strategic vision and tactical capabilities
• Good financial data management
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills
• Experience with strategic purchasing, supply chain and contract negotiation
• CIPS qualification highly desirable
The details contained in this Job Description reflect the content of the job at the date it was prepared. It should be remembered, however, that it is inevitable that over time, the nature of individual jobs will change, existing duties may no longer be required and other duties may be gained without changing the general nature of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. Consequently, Principal I Ltd will expect to revise this Job Description from time to time and will consult with the post holder at the appropriate time.
Fiscal targets will also be the subject to strategic reviews and as such maybe revised with the consultation of the post holder.