Summary of Position
This is a key role, responsible for supporting the supply chain management function to help develop an effective and efficient procurement platform.
Targets & Outcomes
The role will help to support departmental goals and targets including cost savings generated through the proactive involvement of the department and because of new department lead efficiencies and process changes.
- Assist with purchasing projects to select the best suppliers and deliver optimized value
- Help to manage the supply chain mechanism to SLA’s, Business Unit stakeholders & experts’ requirements
- Help to manage the relations with the suppliers to C Level (contract, implementation, performance and innovation)
- Learn to and assist with building the tools, process and indicators to value the actual savings & other benefits delivered
- Assist with the management of supplier rebate programmes to ensure that the Company derives optimum benefit and returns
- Learn how to undertake risk management for supply contracts and ensure that robust contingencies are in place for critical items (alternate suppliers/items, risk mitigation plans etc)
- Learn how to perform cost and scenario analysis and benchmarking
- Assist with accurate reporting of Procurement key performance measures (operational metrics, savings, quality, customer service etc.)
- Involvement with the negotiating and drafting of contracts, whilst managing a large and varied workload and engaging with senior stakeholders
- Knowledge of/an interest in procurement principles, theories and processes
- Ability to work on complex problems
- Flexible and adaptable
- Very good verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organisation and prioritising skills
- Opportunity to study CIPS
The details contained in this Job Description reflect the content of the job at the date it was prepared. It should be remembered, however, that it is inevitable that over time, the nature of individual jobs will change, existing duties may no longer be required and other duties may be gained without changing the general nature of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. Consequently, Principal I Ltd will expect to revise this Job Description from time to time and will consult with the post holder at the appropriate time.
Fiscal targets will also be the subject to strategic reviews and as such maybe revised with the consultation of the post holder.