It is an essential requirement of the Company that the nature of ProACTive intervention services, thought process, and disciplines is understood and executed. Without this culture the organisation is at risk and therefore this ProACTive culture and obligation makes up a significant part of the assessment of an individual’s capability within each role and any behaviour or attitude that is out of alignment with this obligation is totally unacceptable and will be subject to immediate performance management.
Summary of Position
Reporting to the Operations Delivery Manager, the Workshop & Warehouse Manager takes responsibility for both the Workshop PDI and Warehouse teams. The role is ultimately accountable for the shipping of consumables and parts, thus ensuring high service levels are maintained and customer satisfaction is kept at the forefront of all processes. The role also assumes full responsibility for the stock holding within the Horsham warehouse facility.
Targets & Outcomes
- Audit of adherence to standard operating procedures related to the workshop and warehouse functions
- To manage the PDI of all new equipment prior to installation in a timely manner, ensure that upon completion all paperwork is passed to relevant departments.
- Adherence to all H&S requirements within the workshop & warehouse functions
- Constant audit and efficient processing of warehouse, onsite & engineer stock
- A fully reconciled, fast and efficient goods in / goods out process
Attitude and Persistence
- A “can do” attitude, the ability to pick up and take responsibility where needed
- The ability to proactively head off technical issues within the workshop & warehouse environment before they impact the client
- Understanding of company procedures and the effect on all areas of the service delivery department
- A commitment to learn and understand all software systems for the role
- Address in a timely manner any failures within the service delivery process
- Proactive approach to all aspects of the role Key personal attributes; optimism, diligence, common sense, loyalty, dependability, good manners, sense of humour, and the ability to teach others
- Overseeing the commissioning and preparation of new and refurbished equipment for dispatch to customers to the required schedule i.e. date and standard. This includes modifying equipment to incorporate latest revisions/modifications.
- The responsibility for the Workshop, ensuring that all work carried out within the Workshop is completed promptly and in compliance with Workshop procedures.
- Provide direction, guidance, and disciplines to individual and team activity and performance.
- Effectively manage, lead, motivate, control and develop staff within team by maximizing development of their skills
- Develop and monitor all training and development plans for all staff with the workshop and warehouse.
- Ensure that all relevant Procedures, Work Instructions, Standards and Codes of Conduct are followed and adhered to at all time.
- Ensure correct use of the company’s processes and propose improvements when appropriate to improve process performance.
- Ensure the availability of the right quality and quantity of resources.
- To ensure that all goods received into the Warehouse are done so in compliance with the relevant procedures. Goods in procedure.
- To ensure that the Warehouse is manned at all times during normal working hours to receive all incoming goods.
- Ensuring Warehouse is maintained in an orderly and accessible manner and that all personnel carry out their duties as required.
- Manage to company's Health and Safety policy.Any suitable activities as designated by Manager.To constantly seek improvement of the warehouse & workshop functions
- Effective leadership, with the ability to motivate and upskill the Service Delivery Technicians
- Effective communication, negotiation, conflict resolution & team work
- Strategic vision and tactical capabilities in regards the company stock control policy
- Excellent presentation skills, verbal and written communication
- Good system and analytical skills, problem solving and reporting
- Continuous improvement mind set and methodology
- Proactive rather than reactive
The details contained in this Job Description reflect the content of the job at the date it was prepared. It should be remembered, however, that it is inevitable that over time, the nature of individual jobs will change, existing duties may no longer be required and other duties may be gained without changing the general nature of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. Consequently, Principal I Ltd will expect to revise this Job Description from time to time and will consult with the post holder at the appropriate time.